Saturday, December 29, 2007

Erik Myers, News


MAJOR: Technical Journalism
YEAR: Sophomore (technically)

I’m not sure I want to be a political junkie, but there’s something about the 2008 presidential race that has really grabbed me. Things are just so out there right now, so out of the ordinary. Not to mention that we’re coming to the end of a presidential era that, frankly, has damaged American society more so than anything we’ve ever witnessed before (please excuse the liberal bias.) So, this 2008 race is somewhat uncanny, seeing that the GOP race is pretty much wide open at this point, and that we’ve got a black guy and a woman in serious positions to claim the presidency. I’m looking to see what Iowans think about the race and the candidates they support. I’m also looking for more insight into the campaign process, and the caucus process. I’ve done my research, sure, but seeing a caucus in action is probably a lot different from what I imagine.

Iowa 1st place picks:
Republican- Mitt Romney (Huckabee is the top contender, but the ghosts of his past as Arkansas governor will not go away, giving the charming former guv the win in Iowa)

Democrat- Barack Obama (His smile melts hearts, and his sincerity is hard to deny. He’s primed for the upset over Clinton, who has been unable to shoo away the blemishes on her image)

No comments: